Friday, February 22, 2008

Because

We went out to dinner last night and I had to finish a little grocery shopping for dinner tonight; so I was late making my card for today. I got in a hurry and messed up a bit. I think it's still ok.

I had these leftover pieces of cardstock from a few days ago.
I used Creamy Caramel for the base and the Old Olive cardstock was embossed using my new Swiss Dots embossing folder.
I stamped the Close to Cocoa cardstock using PTI's Faux Ribbon set; it is stamped in the same ink. I wrapped the American Crafts chocolate satin ribbon around the card and tied the knot.
The flower is from the SAB rub-ons. It is a bit large for a card, but since I was in a hurry, I just went with it! I also added the small flower in the center of the big flower. It is matted with Chocolate Chip cardstock that was cut out and embossed using nestabilities. It is adhered with pop dots.
The sentiment is from PTI's Paper Tray set and is stamped with Close to Cocoa onto Whisper White and then punched out with the Word Window punch. I used the Mat Pack to pierce the holes for the brads. In my haste to finish this card, the sentiment is a bit crooked.
I picked up my latest order from PTI this morning. I got the paper, ribbon, and one stamp set. I can hardly wait to play. I still have to get my bookshelf put together and the filing cabinet filled with paper. My room will become a bit more stamper friendly this weekend. Right now, everything is organized, but I have to pull it out of drawers or crates. It just isn't working. I am hoping the bookcase will keep my stamps and punches right out where I can see them and reach them easily.

4 comments:

Flossie's Follies said...

What a great card, love that dotted embossed background. Have a wonderful weekend.

pescbrico said...

Thanks for your visit and comment on my blog! I love that you used the rub on! They are great! :)

Ana Baird said...

Love the green of your card! The design is great too!

My Paper World said...

I love the embossed dots Tina!
The rub on flower is beautiful, and I adore the colour combo too!
Have a great weekend!
Nicola xx

ShareThis