Monday, February 11, 2008

Birthday Wishes

This card will go to my niece at her birthday party in the coming weeks. She will be five years old and is cute as a button. She has a love/ hate relationship with Cody. They get along for about an hour and after that she becomes whiny and bossy...he does not like to play with her when she gets like that; so we only go around when I know I can't stay long. LOL They really do love one another, but since they are so close in age, they find it difficult to main the peace.


I started with a Real Red cardstock base and then covered with some polka dot PP once I have ticket corner punched the corners. I added the pink rhinestones to the corners.


The image from the Stampendous set Hey Cupcake was stamped onto a scrap of Cryogen White shimmer cardstock with Brilliance Rocket Red ink. I then stamped the cupcake frosting with Brilliance Orchid ink and went over the swirls with Tulip Puffy Paint in pink. I added the candle and colored it with copics and accented with Stickles. I heat set the paint once it was dry.

The sentiment from PTI's Mixed Messages set was stamped with Brilliance Graphite Black ink. The image was then matted onto Pink Passion cardstock.


I punched a hole with the CAD in the card front so that I could thread the red polka dot ribbon through. The image was then adhered to the card front. I added the rhinestone to the cut out at the top of the image.

2 comments:

Ana Baird said...

It's gorgeous! Love it!

My Paper World said...

So cute Tina! I LOVE the puffy paint frosting! That looks really fab!
Nicola xx

ShareThis