Thursday, February 28, 2008

Birthday Wishes

This card is from Nicola's sketch challenge, you can find her fabulous blog at My Paper World. She posts gorgeous stuff everyday, if you haven't seen her blog, you really need to.

I started with a pink cardstock base and then layered on the PP. I used one of the new Cuttlebug embossing folders for the vellum and then placed it in top of the PP. I used brads on the bottom corners of the vellum to keep it in place, adhesive shows.

The sentiment from SU! For a Friend set is stamped with Regal Rose ink ont o GP White cardstock. It is then matted on Regal Rose cardstock and adhered to the card front. I added the brad to the center of the primas and adhered to the right corner of the sentiment.

I need lots of birthday cards for the birthday club I am in with some ladies from the MSN group that I belong to. Maybe I can get them all done this week. LOL Birthday cards are something that you can never have enough of, in my opinion. I am trying to increase my card stash, since I currently have zilch on hand. It's nice to just grab one when the time comes up.

Cody is getting ready to lose another tooth. It's his front tooth on the right. He's excited once again to be losing it. I am excited for him, but it makes me sad at the same time; where has my baby gone and where did this little boy come from? I have always heard that the time goes by too quickly, it's true. I do, however, love watching all these things happen to him, it brings me joy. As a parent, you get to relive all of these events again, but you experience it in a whole different way.

8 comments:

Lauren said...

This is gorgeous and so clever! What a great job you did with Nicola's sketch. TFS.

My Paper World said...

It's absolutely gorgeous Tina! I love the pretty paper and flowers that you used! and the embossed vellum looks sooo beautiful!
Thanks so much for joining in!
Nicola xx

Ana Baird said...

Beautiful! Love it!

Janine said...

This is a lovely card. The vellum is a nice touch...

Flossie's Follies said...

This is beautiful, love that cuttlebug folder, great card.

Catherine said...

This is absolutely gorgeous...love it!

gina said...

Beautiful card, love the new embossing folder
Gina x

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous, love the colours and the papers you've used, great job on the sketch

ShareThis