Wednesday, February 13, 2008

A Couple of Excellent Thank Yous

First, Lynn nominated me for the Excellent Blogger Award. Thanks Lynn! It warms my heart completely. In any case, you are supposed to nominate other bloggers, so I nominate Jenn D and Nicola. As always, I get lots of inspiration from the ladies mentioned in this post and I am honored to have been mentioned at all.

I made this card last night to send to my parents for the card and the money that they sent Cody for Valentine's Day. I started with a Certainly Celery cardstock base, then layered on Cool Caribbean cardstock and PP. I used the ticket corner punch on the corners and then tied the American Crafts gingham ribbon around the panel before adhering to the cardstock base.

I stamped the image on Whisper White with Brilliance Graphite Black ink. I colored the image from SAB Merci with copics and used a clear AtYou Spica Glitter Pen to outline the hearts. The image is then double matted with Cool Caribbean and Pixie Pink cardstock after being ticket corner punched.

The flower image from SAB So Many Scallops was stamped onto Whisper White with Certainly Celery ink and then punched out with the scallop circle punch and adhered with pop dots.

I originally wasn't going to respond to my parents, but I always send thank yous for gifts and this is no different. I am not holding out any hope that this will bring about any changes, but I felt like I must do what is right.

I made this as the companion to the card above, using the same materials. The tag is from a SAB set too, I have forgotten the name of it however. In any case, I just flipped the landscape of the card, used different ribbon, and a different punch.

I really like the Certainly Celery cardstock and this was my last piece. I have to order more, I think this is my new favorite color.

The boy has his Valentine's Day party tomorrow at school, he is really happy about it. My son is a loving soul, has been since the day he was born. Do you know that he already talks about getting married and having kids? Do other 6-year olds do this?? I just love that he has such a big, gracious heart, and is so loving and giving. It makes me proud, as his parent, that I am doing something right.

3 comments:

Ana Baird said...

Congratulations! Your card is fantastic!

My Paper World said...

You are so sweet Tina! Thank you very much!
and both the cards really look fantastic!
nicola xx

Jenn D said...

Thank you so much for the nomination! I'll make sure to get it up on my blog tomorrow.

The cards are stunning. I love the patterned paper, image and ribbon. I love how you flipped the layout around and used the other SAB sets.

ShareThis