Friday, February 29, 2008

Enjoy Your Day

I stayed home from work yesterday, still too bad to drive in. It finally melted today and the roads are clear, so here I am today. I have a bunch of stuff to get ready before Monday, so I guess it's a good thing.

I mentioned in a previous post that I need lots of birthday cards, so here is another one. I started with a Purely Pomegranate base and then layered on the striped PP to one side.

I stamped the image from SU! Oh So Lovely with StazOn. I then used a water pen to color it in. The image was then double matted; then I wrapped the American Crafts pink satin ribbon around the image and tied it in a knot on the front. It is then adhered to the front center of the card.

I stamped the sentiment from SU! Riveting in Regal Rose onto GP white cardstock. It is then matted and then placed on the scallop circle.

The pink faux dew drops were added to the top right of the card.
With all the snow and bad weather, I was able to get several cards made; including the card kits that Jenn D sent me. I am hopeful that I can get my card stash replenished soon. I also still need to get my shelf together and get better organized this weekend. I have a bit of shopping to do for the Birthday Club members and those need to get mailed by Monday.
Cody has been quite the brat today; he's been pushing the limits of my patience. Guess it's from all of us being cooped up in this house for the past few days without the anticipation of leaving. He's bored, he's antsy, he's a terror! Hopefully, he'll go to sleep early tonight and have a great day at school tomorrow. Then, we have two more days with him... does it ever end??!! LOL It's supposed to be in the 70's for the weekend, so maybe I'll take him somewhere that he can run around and burn some of this excess energy.

8 comments:

Flossie's Follies said...

this card is beautiful, it is so elegant. It is tough for children being cooped up in the house.

scrapnnMO said...

What a elegant looking card! Love the colors! :)

Ana Baird said...

Really beautiful Tina! Hope you have a lovely weekend!

My Paper World said...

It's very beautiful and elegant Tina! xx

Janine said...

Very pretty Tina.. I love the circle and the sentiment !!
Have a great day ***

Erin... said...

I just stumbled upon your blog! It's great! I think there are a lot of people who got a lot of extra stampin done this winter b/c of all this snow!!

Catherine said...

very pretty =) don't you just love it when you can stay home and create =)

craftyb said...

Hi T, this is a very elegant card - I love that pomegranate colour! bx

ShareThis