Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Green Thumb

I got inspiration from the SU! Catalog, page 66 for this card. I suppose etiquette should dictate using SU! stamps, but instead I used PTI's Green Thumb set. I also used their paper and ink for this card.

I started by stamping the image with Palette Spring Moss and the accent pieces are Palette Aqua Mist. The image was then trimmed and matted with SU! Basic Black cardstock.

The cardstock base is Spring Moss and I used a Cuttlebug embossing folder to dry emboss the Aqua Mist cardstock panel. I tied the black gingham ribbon around the panel and then adhered to the left side of the card front.

Then, the image was adhered to the right side of the panel. Lastly, I added the Daffodil Dew Drops to the left top side of the image panel.
We got 5 inches of snow overnight, so no school and I am not able to get out to go to work. Well, I could, technically, get out, but getting back home would be a hazard. I live up in the mountains and the roads just get too bad here. In fact, Duke said they were salting and scraping the roads and they were still icy. He had to walk over a mile to get home, and we have a 4-wheel drive. No way I'm trying to get out today. I think they are predicting snow all day today. The funny thing is, it's supposed to be in the 50's tomorrow. Crazy weather!!

It was Parent's night at school last night. The superinendent of schools was there to let us know the annual reporting results, I think the T-CAPS. Cody isn't old enough to test, I think they start in 3rd grade here. The school is doing well, but they have fallen in a few important categories like math and reading. Cody's class has started a new reading program this year, so we're hoping to see better test scores with his class when they are in 3rd grade. Thankfully, this is a small school and the children get individual attention, but it comes at the cost of lesser supplies and equipment because of their size.

Since I only have dial up at home, I may not be blog hopping today. So, if I don't leave a comment for you, I will likely do it tomorrow during my break at work. Hope you are all staying warm and safe.

4 comments:

Lauren said...

Great card! I love that embossing folder with the Green Thumb set. Thanks for the inspiration.

My Paper World said...

That sounds like a lot of snow Tina! LOVE your gorgeous card, the gingham ribbon and embossed cardstock look fabulous!
Nicola xx

Jenn D said...

I'm sorry to hear you are snowed in. We are expecing another storm tomorrow and I hope we don't get too much more snow. I'm tired of winter.

This card is very pretty. I am really liking the new PTI colors.

Lynn said...

Tina,
Your card is so fresh and springy looking, I really like the colors and the embossing!

ShareThis