Monday, February 18, 2008

Hanging Around


I made this card yesterday as part of my "stock my stash" project. I used a sketch from SCS for this card.
I started with a Close to Cocoa base. I stamped the leaves from PTI's Beautiful Blooms with Close to Cocoa ink onto the base itself. I only stamped in opposite corners.

The Old Olive layer was embossed using the Swirls embossing folder. I then inked the embossed image. It was then matted onto Creamy Caramel cardstock and adhered to the card front.

The image is from C.C. Designs and it is stamped with Brilliance Graphite Black ink onto GP white cardstock. He was colored with copics and the cut out and embossed with Nestabilities. The leaves are from PTI's Beautiful Blooms as well. The mat is Creamy Caramel and is also cut and embossed using Nestabilities. I also sponged the mat and sky on the main image as well.

I then stamped the sentiment onto Old Olive and then cut it out with the small tag punch. The mat was punched from white cardstock and then an eyelet was placed using the CAD. I then tied some ribbon in the eyelet. Then the tag was adhered with foam squares.

Lastly, I added the piercing at the bottom of the card and the Prima fancy flower.

7 comments:

Ana Baird said...

Very cute card! Love it!

Flossie's Follies said...

Great card, love the embossed background and the paper piercing

My Paper World said...

Tina, your new monkey stamps are just adorable!
I love the sentiment on the tag, that looks really great!
have a great week!
Nicola xx

Samurr said...

Interestinghtr post
.

Catherine said...

just got this set and can't wait to start playing with it...very cute!

Jenn D said...

You couldn't resist the monkeys I see! They are so cute and your card is darling!

Lynn said...

This card is adorable, the colors are perfect with the monkey and the CB embossing looks great!

ShareThis