Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day

This is the card that I made for Cody. I started with a Blue Bayou cardstock base and then used PP for the triangular pieces.

The tab from SU! Party Punch was stamped with Blue Bayou ink on GP white cardstock and then punched out with the Tab Punch. I used SU! Soft Sky to mat the GP white cardstock. I used small hearts from the Stampendous Hey Cupcake set as a border on the left side of the insert.

The sentiment is a Studio G wooden stamp and it is stamped with Blue Bayou ink onto GP white cardstock. I then punched it out with a 1 1/2" circle punch. I used the scallop circle punch on Soft Sky and then layered on the sentiment. I used a Sakura clear gel pen to add dots to each scallop.

I punched the hearts from Blue Bayou and Soft Sky cardstock and then outlined each one with a clear AtYou Spica glitter pen. I then used 3M liquid glue to lay them across the bottom of the card, then used foam squares to layer a few hearts on top. This one came together rather quickly, thank heavens!

Cody and Duke got their hair cut last night, both of them really needed it. All of us have fast growing hair, and an abundance of it. None of us has the fear of being bald, that's for sure!!

I got the treat bags for Cody's class ready last night, just in time. I got some Valentine's Day erasers, pixie stix, and Dum Dum suckers. I didn't decorate the bags, they already had a monkey screen print on it, and I just used the enclosed silver ties. No extra effort exerted for the kiddos...shame on me. I'm still not feeling well, so I took the easy way out. The kids won't even know the difference...LOL

My fellas are supposed to be taking me to dinner tonight. We are definitely NOT having seafood this time around. I think we are heading to the Olive Garden, YUM. Don't they have the best salad dressing?

2 comments:

Flossie's Follies said...

I love this criss cross card and how you did the hearts on it. Happy Valentine's Day

My Paper World said...

Great card Tina! I love the lil hearts and the fab colour scheme!
I hope you have a lovely dinner, and are feeling better soon! xx

ShareThis