Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Hey Cupcake

It took me FOREVER to make this card last night. I think it's a combination of not feeling good and not planning it out ahead of time.

It is a criss cross card, easy enough. The shaker part is what took soooo much time. The cupcake is the Stampendous set I got from Eclectic Paperie. I put small foam squares all around the circle image and then I cut the acetate for the window. I found out that the Wizard and nestabilities cannot cut through acetate. I tried extra shimming, and in the end, it just made the impression and I used scissors to cut it out.

The next frustrating part came when I tried to center the circle in the scalloped circle. The whole card took a record 1.5 hours.

I am trying to get in to see the doctor this afternoon; I feel worse today than I did the day I got sick. It's awful! If I can get in, I am hoping to take Cody with me so that we both can get meds and get over this stuff. Apparently, several schools in the surrounding areas are closed due to illness; so it's everywhere!!

2 comments:

My Paper World said...

It was well worth the effort Tina, as it looks STUNNING!
I really hope you feel better soon!
Nicola xx

Lynn said...

Tina,
Wow this card is amazing, but I'm so sad to hear that your both not feeling good.
Hope you can get into the doctors tomorrow and try and rest up.

Love the cupcake shaker even if it was a pain to make!

ShareThis