Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Hugs

I started with a Cool Caribbean cardstock base and layered on the PP after punching the corners. Next, I punched the black cardstock with the Spiral punch.

I stamped the images from C.C. Designs onto GP white cardstock. I then colored the cuties with copics. They are penguins that I colored to look like cute little ducklings. I then punched them out with a square punch.

I used the Swiss Dot embossing folder on the lavender cardstock {don't remember the name}, and then added the strip of Cool Caribbean.

I tied the black gingham ribbon around the top of the film strip and added the photo corners to the top. You can see that I pierced the photo corner using the Mat Pack.

I stamped the sentiment from the set with Brilliance Ink and then punched it out and double matted it with larger circles.

Lastly, I added the brads to the top right corner. I really think that the black really makes this card pop.

12 comments:

Ana Baird said...

It's adorable Tina!

Flossie's Follies said...

What a fantastic card, love how you did the images and placed it. Great Card.

Lauren said...

Adorable! Love the duckies and the colors - I miss Cool Caribbean!

Catherine said...

i love CC designs, they are so adorable and so is your card =)

Jenn D said...

This is adorable! I love the penguins colored as ducks. Very cute!

My Paper World said...

Thank you, Thank you Tina!
Your wonderful surprise arrived today! Such lovely goodies!- I have sent you an email.
This card is ADORABLE! what a great idea to colour the penguins to look like ducks!
Love the film strip too, and the gingham ribbon looks perfect!
Thanks again Tina, you have made my day!
Nicola xx

Leonie said...

That's a nice card! The ducks are so cute!

Janine said...

Very cute !! The ducklets are so wonderful !!

Beth said...

This is a gorgeous card! And it's so awesome that you used penguins to make the ducklings.

craftyb said...

Hi B, another lovely adorable card! Smart girl making your stamps so versatile - I love that about stamps! Your colour scheme is so fresh - TFS! bx

Ana Baird said...

Hi Tina! A big thank you for your comments on my CumpleaƱos layout!

Silke said...

This is just too adorable!!!

ShareThis