Saturday, February 16, 2008

Monkey Love

I got a few stamps that I ordered from All That Scraps. After seeing samples in Jenn D's blog as well as those from the rest of the design team, I just HAD to have them. I just love monkey images anyway. I only had the Changito monkey prior.

I stamped him with Brilliance Graphite Black ink onto GP white cardstock. I then colored him with copics. A sketch from SCS was used for this card. I started with a Creamy Caramel base and then used the hearts embossing folder on the Cameo coral layers.

I wrapped the ribbon around the card and tied it in a knot near the top of the card. I used Chocolate Chip cardstock as a mat for the polka dot PP from Wild Asparagus.

The monkey was double matted with Creamy Caramel and Chocolate Chip cardstock. I then used the Spiral Punch to accent the edge. I added a chocolate brad to the center of a chocolate Prima Fancy flower and then used a glue dot to adhere to the image panel. The image panel is adhered with foam squares.

I stamped the sentiment from SU! Riveting with chocolate chip in onto Creamy Caramel cardstock. I used a 1.25" circle punch to cut it out. It is matted with Cameo Coral and Chocolate Chip and then adhered to the card front.

I finally got some grocery shopping done today; I was gone for almost two hours. Wow, we were really out of some stuff. Thank heavens our freezer is full, but we were out of some staples; I haven't been to the grocery store since I got sick about 1 1/2 weeks ago.

Our heat pump has quit blowing warm air, so Duke has been in a scramble to get it fixed over the last few days. Thank heavens it hasn't been too cold; we heat with gas for the most part, but it's nice to "get the chill" out with the electric heat in the mornings. His cousin came up and gave us the good news that it won't have to be replaced, looks like we need a new thermostat. I am relieved!

I picked up a bookcase to store my stamps on. They are currently in a three drawer plastic chest and it just isn't working for me. I also bought a few plastic bins to store my loose rubber stamps. I want to have the loose ones categorized in the bins so that I can find them a bit easier. I just hope that Duke can get it together for me tomorrow.

3 comments:

My Paper World said...

I LOVE your monkey stamp Tina! and that polka dot paper looks fab!
Nicola xx

Jenn D said...

Darling! I'm glad you liked the monkeys. They are so much fun to play with.

craftyb said...

Hi T, I saw this card on Nicola's blog - it is lovely! bx

ShareThis