Sunday, February 24, 2008

More Paper Trey

Here are two more cards. I had the idea for this in my head for two days, and finally found the chance to try it. {had to wait until Cody went to bed} They didn't turn out as I had planned, but they are still pretty.

I started with Aqua Mist cardstock. I stamped the cardstock base with PTI's Polka Dots with Palette Aqua Mist ink. The medium outline dots at the bottom and the medium solid dots at the top.

The main image panel is GP white; I stamped the butterfly from SU! Garden Whimsy with Palette Aqua Mist ink. I then went over each image with VersaMark ink; I used the SAMJ to help me with placement. I then used Ranger Holographic EP to make the butterflies sparkly and wonderful. I then adhered it to the card front.

Next, I used Palette Spring Moss ink and stamped the smallest flower from another PTI set, Beautiful Blooms. I just added the flower in random places.

Then I used PTI's twill tape in Aqua Mist to cover the seams of the image panel. One of the ribbons is threaded through a pearl ribbon slide.

The sentiments from PTI's Mixed Messages are stamped onto Whisper White with Aqua Mist ink and then punched out with the Designer Label punch. Primas were added with a clear rhinestone brad for the center. Both pieces were added to the bottom right of the card. These are soft, pretty cards perfect for a birthday, to welcome spring, or to let someone know that you are thinking about them.

I did not get my bookcase put together or my paper into the filing cabinet. Once the energy was spent cleaning the house, I decided to chill out, take a nap, and then it was time to make dinner and shower. I have hopes to do this stuff today. I have to make a quick run to the grocery store first though.

3 comments:

Jenn D said...

These cards are gorgeous. I love the colors and they sound very labor intensive. It was worth all of the work! Very pretty!

Flossie's Follies said...

These are so elegant, love the softness of them.

Lauren said...

Very pretty cards!

ShareThis