Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Spring Chick

So, I am ready for spring to arrive. I am tired of the cold weather. Now, I know it doesn't get as cold here as other places, but I am sick of it!


This is a layout that I lifted from Jenn D. I used SU! Lavender cardstock as a base and layered on Making Memories PP. The flower from PTI's Limitless Labels is stamped with VersaMark above the PP. I used some grograin ribbon I got from Wal-Mart to cover the seam; it is tied on a knot on the front of the card. I used the lavender diaper pin as an accent on the ribbon knot.


The image is a Studio G wood mounted rubber stamp. The chick is colored with copics and then cut out with my oval and oval companion (mat) coluzzle templates. The image was then adhered to the card front.


I also adhered three clear faux dew drops to the bottom left corner with Zip Dry. They really do add a nice touch to cards and other projects. The colors match closely IRL, I need to work on my photo editing, I suppose.


Cody got a Valentine's Day card from my parents today. My parents and I got into a HUGE disagreement over their mistreatment of Cody, it's almost been a year now. I am hoping that this is a step in the right direction, but I am doubtful that they can change. I am very leery about accepting it and extending my hand and heart since they never admitted fault or acknowledged our feelings. It is confusing to me that they are attempting to contact us after all this time.


On a good note, our trip to the principal's office was productive yesterday. Cody came home with a bloody mouth on Friday and told us that a little boy from his class hit him. Well, today it all got straightened out and the little boy apologized and they are friends again. I sure hope that this was a one-time incident 'cause my heart can't take it! Ain't nothing that gets you fired up like having to protect your child....even if it is from another child.


I received my order from SU! yesterday too. I just wish I didn't feel so bad or my fingers would be totally inky!! I am excited that it has arrived because it feels like I have been waiting forever for it. I got the classic ink pads and a few other things which qualified me for all the SAB sets. I got a few of the sets mounted and can hardly wait to play.

6 comments:

Lynn said...

Tina,
Your card does put me into a spring mood! Great image and I love the paper and colors you used!

Family stuff can be tricky, but they will always be your parents and some day they will be gone (sad to say), maybe this is their way of trying to make nice. Hope things work out.

PS I've nominated you for an Excellent Blogger Award!
See my blog for details.

Allison said...

Cute card! Keep your chin up regarding your boy and your parents...

Jackie said...

Such a cute card and so Spring-y, I love it! I'm with you on being over winter! I am in the piedmont of NC and it is cold here, too. Nothing like "up nawth", but cold for me!

Ana Baird said...

It's an adorable chick and fabulous card! Many thanks for your Anniversary wishes!

Flossie's Follies said...

This card is adorable, love that agryle paper, the colors are fantastic. Glad to hear that the school incident has been resolved. It is hard but they usually end up making friends.

My Paper World said...

Such a cute spring card Tina! Love the little chick!
Glad to hear that Cody and the boy have resolved the school situation.
Nicola xx

ShareThis