Saturday, February 23, 2008

Thinking of You Today

I made 2 of these cards for Duke's aunts. They live in Kentucky, so we can't visit them as often as we would like to. I like to send them cards because since Duke's Mom died, they think we are going to forget about them. I guess they just don't believe in the family dynamic.

The paper is from PTI and it is photographing funny for me. You can visit the PaperTrey website for more accurate coloring.

I used Spring Moss for the card base. It is a lovely, soft green. I stamped the leaves from PTI's Beautiful Blooms with Palette Spring Moss ink. I then used Palette Aqua Mist ink for the flowers from the same set.

The PP strip is Marcella by K, a pad that I picked up at Target some time ago. I thought the flowers matched those in Beautiful blooms perfectly; not ot mention that the colors are almost exactly the same. I used Spring Moss satin ribbon to accent the PP panel.

The sentiment is stamped with Brilliance Graphite Black ink. I also stamped the flourishes with the same ink on either side of the sentiment.
The ladybug and overlay from PTI's Little Lady is stamped with the Palette inks onto Whisper White. The antennae is stamped with Brilliance ink. I then used Nestabilities to cut out and emboss the panel as well as the mat. The image is adhered to the card front with pop dots. I then added the fly line with Brilliance Graphite Black ink.

I am trying to get my house clean today. I have made alot of progress- the bathrooms, kitchen, and laundry is done. I am starting on cleaning the refrigerator now; not my favorite thing to do. It's days like today that I wish I had a housekeeper. Of course, I'm too picky about cleaning to leave it to someone else, but a girl can dream, can't she?!

Cody and I will be putting my bookcase together soon; pray that I have enough patience to get it together properly.
Thanks for stopping by, hope you are having a great weekend.

2 comments:

My Paper World said...

Sooooo pretty Tina! Love your cute ladybug and the background stamping looks great!
Nicola xx

Ana Baird said...

gorgeous! I love it!

ShareThis