Sunday, February 10, 2008

Valentine's Day

I made this card today for some friends of ours. This card will accompany the Reese's from my last post and will serve as a small gift from us to them.

I started with a Real Red cardstock base and adhered a strip of Valentine's PP on the bottom. I used the American Crafts ribbon to cover the seam of the paper.

The heart from PTI's Sweet Love was stamped onto SU! Whisper White with Brilliance Rocket Red ink. I then used a 1.25" square punch to cut it out. It is double matted and then mounted on a black scalloped square cut and embossed with nestabilities.

I used the heart from PTI's Sweet Love set to accent the top of the card. I stamped it with VersaMark for the tone on tone look. I also stamped the sentiment from the same set with VersaMark just above the ribbon.

We are all three still suffering from this "flu". I think that Cody and I are over it for the most part, just really tired. Duke has been in bed all day and I'm not sure that he is well enough to go to work.

I picked up a few things from the LSS yesterday on the way home from work. I went in looking for the new Basic Grey papers, but they didn't have them. I still managed to walk out with too much stuff.

I will be cleaning out my car today, weather permitting. It is a mess and I am totally and completely sick of it. Living on a dirt road makes for a dirty car and so does a six year old. That boy would rather throw something in the floor as anything. I thought I had him trained, but he is hopeless....at least in the ways of being clean. He has to help me clean it, so maybe it'll help in my quest to get him to put things where they go. LOL

3 comments:

Jennie Skaggs said...

What a great gift....love the card and of course who cannot resist chocolate. Jennie

Ana Baird said...

Gorgeous card! Love the colors of it!

Flossie's Follies said...

This card is fantastic, hope the family is better soon, what has been going around is real nasty.

ShareThis