Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Birthday Whimsy

This will be Duke's birthday card, his is the 24th. I won't divulge his age, I'll just say he's approaching 49 again! LOL
I started with a Wild Wasabi base. The Blue Bayou strip was pierced using the Mat Pack. I then layered on the Soft Sky strip.

The image is from the Birthday Whimsy SAB set, stamped onto Cryogen White shimmer cardstock with Blue Bayou ink. I used a 1/16 handheld punch to make the holes for the silver stretch cord. It was then matted with Creamy Caramel.
The sentiment is from Clearly Wordsworth and is stamped with Wild Wasabi ink. I used the Mat Pack once again to pierce the holes on either side of the sentiment and wrapped the silver cord around one of the brads. I used brushed copper brads, I may change them to silver to match the cord. Hmmmm.
The meeting with Cody's teacher went very well and I was assured that he is a good student. In fact, she commented that he is at the top of the class and is easily ready for 2nd grade. Today, he'll be going on his field trip to Gatlinburg as a reward for his reading program. I think he only has to read 10 more books to qualify for a BIG end of the school year bash. We are so proud of him! We also got his grade cards, straight A's again...Yippee! He does work hard in class and at home. Sometimes its a struggle, but it is all worth it in the end.

5 comments:

Lauren said...

This is great! I love the way you added the string.

Allison said...

What a neat take on this Sell-a-bration set! Cute and fun!

Ana Baird said...

Great card and love the green!

Janine said...

Great card... good colors for your man!!!

Flossie's Follies said...

this card is great, love the balloon and the string.

ShareThis