Monday, March 3, 2008

Celebrate Today

I sent this card to my high school friend who is celebrating her anniversary this week. We have recently been in touch and it's so nice to catch up.

I started with a Groovy Guava base, then used the ticket corner punch on the striped PP and adhered. For the Whisper White layer, I used a corner rounder with the guard removed to make the scallops.

The flowers from PTI's Beautiful Blooms was stamped onto Whisper White with Real Red, Old Olive, Groovy Guava, and Soft Sky ink. I then stamped the center of the flower with the same inks. The images were then punched out with a square punch and matted on Chocolate Chip cardstock. The images are then adhered to the Soft Sky square and then matted once more to the Real Red square. It is then adhered to the Whisper White layer.

I wrapped the light blue stitched ribbon by American Crafts around the scallop layer and tied it in a knot.

Lastly, I stamped the sentiment from PTI's Mixed Messages with Chocolate Chip ink.

I failed miserably trying to get my book case together yesterday. The directions are unclear and it is totally over my head. Duke is going to attempt it today while I am at work. I can hardly wait! This shelf will house my stamps and stamp sets, punches, alterables, and other miscellaneous things. I'll have to take a pic when I get it done. The space that I use is a single wall in the spare bedroom. We have Cody's dresser, toys, tv, and game system in this room as well as the family computer. I take up a single wall and it is crammed full of everything; I am as organized as I can be, but it is very compact and things are hard to get to.
I got all my 8.5x11 papers in a small filing cabinet but I am still using a crate for my larger papers. I will be cutting those papers down to a more manageable size or getting rid of them. Contrary to what I thought in the past, I just don't have the space for every sheet of paper sold in the US! LOL Recently, I have bought mostly cardstock for card making, only a few packs of 6x6 paper pads. I don't think I'll purchase 12x12 any longer unless I have a specific use for it. And then, only a few sheets and not the big paper pads with 250 sheets of paper, NO matter if it is a good deal or not. I just can't use it fast enough. I am still debating on making a folder for every color or not. Of course, my intention, eventually, is to have several of each of the SU! cardstock colors. But, for now, I have packs from each of the color families and will buy the single packs of the colors I am using most. Which reminds me, I need to get in touch with Jenn D to get my order in.
Hope everyone had a great weekend and looking forward to a new week.

10 comments:

Lynn said...

Tina,
Your high school friend is going to love this card, its fantastic!
Your new cabnet sounds like a good way to get organized, can't wait to see!

Flossie's Follies said...

This card is great your friend will love it. Good luck with the shelf, I think they purposely leave something out of directions, just to make it more difficult. Sure Duke will have it completed by the time you get home.

Flossie's Follies said...

This card is great your friend will love it. Good luck with the shelf, I think they purposely leave something out of directions, just to make it more difficult. Sure Duke will have it completed by the time you get home.

Ana Baird said...

cheerful, colorful and very pretty! I'm sure your friend will love it!

Beth said...

This looks like such a "happy" card. I'm sure your friend will be thrilled when she opens the envelope! Good luck with your book case and organization...I completely understand your shortage of space. I share a corner in the dinning room w/ DH and DD right now.

My Paper World said...

Wow! Tina, you are choosing some really great colour combos! this is gorgeous, and your friend is going to love it!
Nicola xx

Janine said...

Oh how pretty !! Nicely done !

Lauren said...

This is such a bold color combination. I would never have thought that it would look SO good with the Beautiful Blooms set - TFS!

Sadie B said...

This is really lovely

Jenn D said...

This is so pretty. I love the colors. So did you get your bookcase together? I'm pretty good at most of them, but some instructions are so odd that I can't figure out what they are trying to show you.

I'm watching the status of your order. I'll let you know the moment it ships.

ShareThis