Friday, March 28, 2008

Cute Little Ladybug

This card was part of a set I gave to Jason's fiancee, Tina. {Yeah, if we marry our guys our names will be the same} It is a series of Thank You cards for her have on hand, she works at a bank so she always needs them. I presented them to her in a small, flat tin that I purchased at the dollar store.

I started with the Soft Sky base. I adhered the harlequin dp on the card base. I then dry embossed Pale Plum cardstock using the Bloom Dots folder from Cuttlebug. I then matted the dp with Soft Sky.

The image is stamped with So Saffron, Pale Plum, and black inks. I then cut it and the mat out with nestabilities and adhered with foam squares.

I stamped the sentiment onto a tag using a Cuttlebug die. I threaded the blue grosgrain through it and then cut a slit in the fold of the card so that the knot could be tied on the front.
Sorry to post the same images, but I haven't been able to stamp in about a week. I am hoping to get some time do be creative this weekend. Of course, were are having painters over, our driveway is being fixed, and a friend is coming to repair the AC. All this on top of my normal weekend duties like cleaning and food shopping. I have a feeling the crafting time will be short. However, I'll be carving out a few hours nonetheless.
Hope you all have a great weekend.

6 comments:

Janine said...

I cant remember if I commented on this card but it doesnt matter I think it is wonderful!!

Janine said...

Obviously I didnt because you dont wait to look at them... I have a head cold... not thinking straight.

Lauren said...

Beautiful and super cute. Love the coloring of the little lady!

Allison said...

Another lovely ladybug card...like the muted hues!

Ana Baird said...

what a great card tina! Great colours and love the scallop border on the lady bug!

My Paper World said...

This is really pretty Tina, and I love the ribbon threaded through the tag! It looks great!
Nicola xx

ShareThis