Monday, March 10, 2008

An Easter Card & Treat

The address labels were stamped using PTI's Limitless Labels set. I stamped with Pretty in Pink, Almost Amethyst, Certainly Celery, and Bashful Blue inks. Of course, the chocolates are Hershey's Nuggets. I lined the bottom of the tin with the floral PP, and then used a white SU! SAB rub on on the acetate.

The floral PP is matted with the light purple textured cardstock and acts as the belly band. I used red line tape to adhere it under the tin.

The flower is from PTI's Beautiful Blooms and is stamped onto Cryogen White shimmer cardstock with Almost Amethyst ink, the center from the same set is stamped using Pretty in Pink. I then punched it out, matted it, and then adhered to the Certainly Celery scallop circle.

I saw this card sketch on Amy Rysavy's and Jenn D's blogs. I really do like it and will likely use it again in the future.

The card base is the same purple cardstock used as the belly band for the tin. I then matted the floral PP with Cool Caribbean cardstock once the ticket corner punched was used on both panels.

The image is from C.C. Designs and is stamped onto GP white cardstock with Brilliance Graphite Black ink. I then colored the image with copics. The spiral punch was used in opposite corners of the image panel. The image was then matted onto Certainly Celery; I then used a larger Old Olive mat for the final layer. The spiral punch was used for the bottom of the panel. A length of light blue stitched ribbon was tied around the panel under the image.

The strips of purple textured cardstock are added, then the image is mounted on the right.

The sentiment from PTI's Limitless Labels is stamped onto GP white cardstock with Almost Amethyst ink and then punched out and double matted. The Certainly Celery scallop circle is the final layer; it is adhered to the base with foam squares.

I am not sure that I have enough Easter cards made this year. I think we'll be having a dinner at our house this year since the day after Easter is Duke's birthday. And, the day before Easter is his sister's birthday. Then, on the 25th, my nephew turns 16. Then, I think that's it until the middle of April. March is a big birthday month for us.
Duke picked up our new mattress today and I can hardly wait to try it out tonight. Maybe this will help us not only sleep better, but reduce some of our back pain.

Oh, I made some killer subs for lunch yesterday. I sure wish that I had one of those panini presses so that I could toast them even more. But, I put them into the oven to melt the cheese and crisp the bread a bit. I was craving a sub very badly, so it hit the spot.

7 comments:

Lynn said...

Tina,
These are super cute!
Great job on the coloring too!

Flossie's Follies said...

Love your card, and treat tin, it is adorable, hope the new mattress works fo your, wow think I will have a sub for lunch.

Lauren said...

These are so cute. I love the stamping combo with the tin. The card is just adorable - the image is darling.

My Paper World said...

Very cute Tina! Love the adorable card and the cute nugget tin! xx

Janine said...

The tin is fab!! Love those tins for little gifts like this and the card is very nice !!

Dumuro said...

See Here

Jenn D said...

Adorable!

ShareThis