Monday, March 31, 2008

Happy Birthday Bella

I am making some cards to give Cody's teacher at the end of the year. She has always appreciated the note cards I have given her for a few of the holidays, so this is just an extension of the same theme. I have made these birthday cards using a bella.

I started with a Ballet Blue card base. I then used the Happy Birthday embossing folder from Cuttlebug to emboss the Wild Wasabi paper. I also used the Number Collage on 1/2 of them.

I got the idea to cut 12x12 dp into 9 equal 4x4 pieces from AmyR. I cut the dp down to 4x3.5 and then adhered it to the embossed paper. I then wrapped the white grosgrain ribbon around the panel and tied it in a knot on the front.

Keabella is stamped onto SU! Whisper White with Adirondack Pitch Black ink. She is then colored with copics. I used a clear Sakura glaze pen to color over the chocolate icing on the cake. I then punched flowers using Only Orange and the 3 for you flower punch. I used a paper piercer to pierce a hole in the flower for the hot pink brad as well in the Bellas head. The brad was pushed through the flower and the Bella and then adhered to the back of the image panel. The image was then adhered to the Only Orange mat and adhered to the card front.
I stamped the sentiment from PTI's Faux Ribbon with Ballet Blue onto Whisper White. I then punched it and the other circular shapes with punches. The scallop circle is adhered with a foam square.

I am also giving her decorated envelopes and most likely some envelope seals. I am certain she'll appreciate them.

Cody is going on his trip to Gatlinburg today. I think there are 22 from the whole school that are being rewarded with this trip; six are in first grade. I sure wish I could go, but there is so much to do at work. Terrific accomplishment for all of them. I am so proud of Cody.

5 comments:

Flossie's Follies said...

This card is so pretty, sure she will be thrilled and will miss you next year.

Janine said...

Love it!! The D.P. is awesome.

Allison said...

Such a sweet bella...love the DP you chose too!

Lauren said...

This is cutest card! I really enjoy the bright colors.

My Paper World said...

I LOVE the zingy colours Tina!
Your Bella card is adorable!
Nicola xx

ShareThis