Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Day

I used a sketch from SCS for this card. I started with a Pixie Pink card base, boy that stuff is bright. I then adhered the glitter PP from DCWV Nana's Kids. The Certainly Celery layer is scalloped using the corner rounder punch. I matted the three panels of PP from the same stack with Perfect Plum. The blue American Crafts ribbon was wrapped around the panel and then adhered to the card front.

I purchased Changito by Stampendous at Hobby Lobby today, last one on the shelf. It had been some time since I was at this store last, and lots has changed. There seems to be a bit more of a selection of everything. I had lots of fun looking around. I originally went looking for the CB flower that Lauren uses, but they didn't have it. I'll have to look at Michael's the next time I go.

Ok, back to the card. I stamped Changito with Adirondack Espresso ink and then colored it with copics. It was then matted with Certainly Celery and the harlequin glitter PP. The sentiment from PTI's Paper Tray was stamped with Perfect Plum and Pixie Pink ink.
Cody and I are going to have dinner with Duke's son, Jason and his fiancee, Tina today. He is supposedly cooking a feast. I am looking forward to it. We don't get to see them very often, so it's great when we can get together. Hopefully, Duke will be able to go, just depends on how much sleep he gets.
Dinner yesterday was fantastic. Everyone had a great time and thankfully ate most of the food. I hate leftovers.

7 comments:

Charith said...

Fantastic card!! I ADORE Changito/Skipper (LOL). Really like the bright, happy colors/papers you used!
Have a Happy Easter!!

Janine said...

These guys are so sweet!!! Have a wonderful day!!

Ana Baird said...

great and cute card Tina! Happy Easter!

Maria Jesus said...

Tina
Happy Easter!!

very nice card!!

Have a nice sunday!!

maje

e said...

Hi
You have a great blog!
Let me invite you and
everyone you want to:
eBambi
Present yourself
and meet your friends.
Join now:
http://www.ebambi.com

Lauren said...

This card is super cute. Love the monkey - adorable with the bouquet.

Lynn said...

Tina,
Your card is so fun and cheerful and the SCS layout looks great with this!

ShareThis