Sunday, March 2, 2008

Happy Happy Birthday

Sadly, this will not be the last birthday card you see this month, but I think I have only one more.

I started with Purely Pomegranate for the cardstock base. I matted the striped PP with Whisper White.

I used the ticket corner punch on the Regal Rose layer and then added the rhinestones to the three corners that are exposed. They are supah sparkly. Then I used the slot punch to thread the American Crafts pink satin ribbon through.

I stamped the package from SU! Birthday Whimsy with Purely Pomegranate, Old Olive, and Regal Rose onto Whisper White and then cut each out and matted it onto Basic Gray cardstock. The ribbon is then tied in a knot on this panel and then adhered.

The sentiment from SU! So Many Scallops was stamped twice, once with Regal Rose and once with Old Olive. I punched out the center of the Regal Rose image, then punched out the whole thing with the scallop circle punch. I then adhered the punched sentiment with foam squares.

Well, the card I sent to my high school friend about a week ago was received and she wrote a very nice note back to me. I will be sending her another card and catching her up on the last 20 years of my life. Of course, not all at once. It was nice to hear that she is happily married and has two boys. I sent an anniversary card since hers is coming up very soon.

So, a trip to the grocery store was made today. Man, how do we go through all this food!! I also picked up some great movies, but I realized they are all pretty HEAVY dramas. I chose 'We Own the Night, Eastern Promises, and Gone, Baby, Gone'. I am a huge Joaquin Phoenix and Viggo Mortensen fan; so I am in heaven.

I purchased an ink pad holder for the SU! inks that I have, pretty cheap from Ebay. It looks really nice and now it's easier to get at what I need. Now to get the rest of my stuff up and running. I really want to put things together, but I have been too lazy I guess. Maybe later today.

7 comments:

craftyb said...

Hi T, lovely fresh card - change the sentiment and you could easily make this a christmas card too! bx

Ana Baird said...

really gorgeous and I love your choice of colours! They're fabulous!

Maje said...

Tina your cards are beautiful!!!thanks for sharing your blog!!

Maje

My Paper World said...

So pretty Tina! and I love the sparkly rhinestones!
Nicola xx

Lynn said...

Tina,
This card is so pretty, the layout and colors are awesome and I like how you tied on your ribbon!

Beth said...

I love the colors in this card! They make me think of raspberry sorbet. It looks so yummy!!

Lauren said...

This is such a fun card! The colors are so happy.

ShareThis