Friday, March 21, 2008

Hi There Ladybug

I used a sketch from SCS for this card. I started with a Ruby Red cardstock base. I then added the strip of PP to the left hand side. I don't know who makes it, but it very nice paper. I got it in a paper pack who knows how long ago.

A strip of coordinating paper was matted with Basic Gray and adhered.

The ladybug from PTI's Little Lady was stamped onto Cryogen White shimmer cardstock with Ruby Red dye ink and Brilliance Graphite Black ink. It is then matted with Ruby Red and Black cardstock.

Lastly, the sentiment, also from PTI, was stamped onto Cryogen White shimmer cardstock with Brilliance Graphite Black ink. It was punched out using a circle punch as are the mats. I added some dew drops from Robin's Nest Flame to the bottom of the sentiment.
On a side note, I tried to adhere the dew drops with Zip Dry glue and the color came off; has this happened to anyone else? Did I get a bad bottle or is this normal? I ended up adhering them with small glue dots.

Cody has a four day weekend. Poor Duke gets to stay up all day today and work tonight. This will also happen on Monday unless we can find someone that can watch the boy. This never happens when we are prepared for it.

I am so happy that today is Friday.

5 comments:

Lauren said...

This is fabulous. The red and the black really pop!

Flossie's Follies said...

Love the red, black and white combo, that paper goes so well together, great card. have a wonderful Easter weekend.

My Paper World said...

I LOVE your cute ladybug Tina!
and the papers are really gorgeous!
Have a great weekend!
Nicola xx

Allison said...

This is super...that DP is perfect in combo with Little Lady!

Beth said...

I love this color combination. And the ladybug is the cutest! Also, thanks for all of you wonderful comments.

ShareThis