Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Lovely Blessings

I used a sketch from SCS for this card. I started with a Mellow Moss cardstock base.

The Basic Gray layer is embossed using the Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder.

The Soft Sky layer was placed on the bottom of the card and the sentiment from PTI's Out on a Limb set was stamped with Mellow Moss ink.

The next Soft Sky layer is matted with Barely Banana. The baby blue sheer polka dotted ribbon was then wrapped around and tied on the front. I did this three times and then staggered the knots downward.

The image from SU! Oh So Lovely was stamped three times onto GP white cardstock with Brilliance Graphite Black ink. I then colored them with copics. I also sponged the panel with Mellow Moss and Soft Sky inks. The image was then matted with Barely Banana. I adhered the image panel behind the ribbon.
I burned my arm yesterday getting a sheet pan out of the oven. I toasted a sub for Duke and mistakenly spun the pan once I removed it from the oven. It promptly left a burn mark on my left arm and it hurt like the dickens. Thank heavens it is a thin pan and the burn is not very big. I get burned by something every once in a while, usually when I am in a hurry.
We have been trying a new way to get Cody focused and ready on time in the mornings; he is a notorious slow poke and is easily distracted. So, after much deliberation and brain storming, we have a plan that is working. He loves games, so I bought a timer and we have been timing him in the morning and during meal time. If he beats his times he gets a cash reward for the day; payable at the end of the week. He has the possibility to make $5 per week. You should see him scramble to complete his tasks. I am hoping these drills keep him focused and will eventually reiterate to him what needs to happen everyday. We shall see; but for now, he is excited about it.

8 comments:

Flossie's Follies said...

Love your card and all the ribbon, sorry to hear about your arm, I have done that also and it HURTS. What a great idea to keep Cody focused, glad to hear that it is working.

Catherine said...

love your card. And sorry about your arm, hate when that things happens.

Ana Baird said...

It's a gorgeous card! Love all the details on it and the colurs are fab!

My Paper World said...

Gorgeous card Tina! and that ribbon is soooooo pretty!
I hope that your arm heals quickly!
Nicola xx

Jenn D said...

This is gorgeous Tina! I love the colors and layout.

Jenn D said...

I am so bad about hitting enter too soon.

I hope your arm heals quickly. Aloe works wonders and heals burns very quickly.

The timer thing is a great idea! I need one myself. LOL!

Lauren said...

This is very pretty! I love the orientation and all that ribbon. I hope that you feel better fast!

Heather said...

Very pretty- I just love the colors and images you used.

Sorry about your arm.

ShareThis