Monday, March 17, 2008

Luck O' the Irish

I have snuck this into Cody's backpack so that he'll have a surprise when he gets to school. I also picked up some mini cupcakes for his classmates.

I started with a Garden Green cardstock base. I then matted the PP with Gable Green cardstock. I used the ticket corner punch on the corners of the PP.

The Green Galore cardstock strip was stamped using the shamrock from PTI's Limitless Labels. I stamped it with Green Galore and Garen Green dye inks. The sentiment is from a holiday set from The Paper Studio, and is stamped with Brilliance Graphite Black ink.

I then tied the green and white striped ribbon around the panel and adhered it to the card front.
The image is from a Studio G clear set. I stamped it on GP white cardstock with Brilliance Graphite Black, then colored it with copics. The large shamrock has been embossed using Ranger Holographic EP. I punched it out with a 1.25" circle punch; the Pumpkin Pie layer was punched using a 1 3/8" circle punch. Lastly, the scallop circle punch was used for the Gable Green layer. It is adhered with foam squares. Not my best work, but I am sure the boy will like it.

Cody went through his toys by himself and purged a good amount. I am hoping to get in touch with the pre-school program to see if they could use them. If not, I am sure we can find some child that needs them.
We spent part of the day watching The Sopranos marathon on A&E yesterday. I am not a big fan of the show, but have watched it a time of two during its run. A little too violent, but it's good stuff.

7 comments:

Jenn D said...

What a cute idea to send him a surprise in his backpack. This card is adorable!

Charith said...

Tina, such a great card! What a neat idea to sneak it in!!
How lucky that Cody was willing to part with some of his toys! What a good kid!

Lauren said...

So cute! You are so creative.

Janine said...

Nice card!! And what a nice surprise !!

Flossie's Follies said...

this is a great card, love that background paper, I have it and it is one of my favorites. Great idea the surprise in the backpack.

All Pink girl said...

Fabulous card ,love the stamp and the colours ,realy cute ,Dawnxx

Catherine said...

that's neat to pack this card for him ... love it!

ShareThis