Thursday, March 13, 2008

One of a Kind

This card is a direct case of a card from Jenn D's card class kits. She sent one to me last month, I made it and then decided to make another. I used a different stamp set and colors, but the layout is the same.
The base is Mellow Moss. I then used the corner rounder to make the scallops on the Whisper White cardstock. I then layered on a panel of Soft Sky.
The image is from PTI's Out on a Limb, and is stamped with Close to Cocoa and Soft Sky. It is then cut into strips and matted onto Barely Banana cardstock and then adhered.
The sentiment is from SU! One of a Kind and is stamped with Mellow Moss onto Whisper White and then matted onto Basic Gray. The flowers were stamped in the three different colors, brads were added to the centers, and then adhered to the sentiment panel with foam dots.
Cody's school is having a garage sale this weekend, so we are scrambling to donate some things that we no longer use. I hope they sell lots of stuff, all the money benefits the school.
Things at work are really dicey (?) now. Nothing related to the issue I spoke about earlier this week, but at this point I am unsure about my future here. We may have to shut down our office very soon; I am sad about it, but if I need to look for a job, now is the time to do it. The area that I live in centers around tourism, and with the start of the season, several places are hiring. I just hate the whole process. My stomach is in knots at this point and it has been very hard to sleep. I would be a fool not to start looking and applying, especially being warned that it could happen. If you pray, I would appreciate it if you could keep my family in your prayers.
I have a big dinner planned at my house next weekend. We have three birthdays and Easter to celebrate with our families, so I thought I'd get it over with in one fell swoop. Should be fun, we haven't seen our family too much since Duke started working evenings.

7 comments:

Lauren said...

This is so gorgeous and elegant. I love it! Sorry about your office - that's just no fun. I'm sure that you will find something else quick. However, have fun with your family dinner party - I'm sure it will cheer you up!

Flossie's Follies said...

this card is beautiful. I am just having a couple of people over for Easter Diner, enjoy.

Flossie's Follies said...

this card is beautiful. I am just having a couple of people over for Easter Diner, enjoy.

My Paper World said...

Very pretty! Love the gorgeous flowers and the scallops. I hope you find another job soon Tina, I will be keeping you in my thoughts. xx

Catherine said...

I sure will include you in my prayers, not having a job is the one thing that scares me the most.

Love your card =)

Janine said...

Have fun with your family !!
Lovely card...

Jenn D said...

I tried to respond to this the other day, but my internet has been wacky.

I love the colors you used along with the PTI stamp set. It is a wonderful card!

ShareThis