Friday, March 14, 2008

Thanks a Bunch and Excitement

I made this card in the wee hours of the morning. I started with a Soft Sky card base, 4.25 square. I then added the strip of Making Memories PP. I used the Mat Pack to evenly space and pierce holes above and below the PP.
The sentiment is a rub on from SAB. The image is SU! Tart and Tangy; I colored directly on the stamp and then onto GP white cardstock. The image was then punched out and matted with Wild Wasabi cardstock, followed by a Real Red scallop circle.

Lastly, the light blue gingham ribbon was wrapped around the card and tied on the front.
Cody is being rewarded with a field trip sponsored by the School Board. He has been in an Accelerated Reading program, he has DOUBLED the number of books he was supposed to read. They test them by having them take a test on the computer which evaluates several things. Long story short, we are very proud of the fact that he is doing so well and all the work at night is worth it. I am thankful that he truly enjoys reading and learning.

5 comments:

Ana Baird said...

It's great! Love the design, colours and the apple looks yummy!

ஐBeatriz Jenningsஐ said...

BEAUTIFUL!!! :)

Lynn said...

Tina,
Your card is adorable, I like the row of peircing and the designer paper! That is so great that your son is doing so well at reading, thats something that will stay with him forever and help to take him far :)

My Paper World said...

Way to go Cody! That's great!
Gorgeous card Tina, the piercing looks really fab!
Nicola xx

Jenn D said...

Congrats to Cody! What a great accomplishment.

I love your card. I haven't even mounted my set yet, but you may have inspired me to get it done today.

ShareThis