Monday, April 14, 2008

Oh Happy Day

I made these a few days ago; they will be going as part of an auction item. I think I'll be making two sets of 12 cards in a tin, hopefully they will go fast and for lotsa money!

The dp is from The Paper Studio and I wish that I had gotten more if it, I think it's very pretty. Anyway, the Berry Sorbet cardstock is almost a perfect match for it. Although I think that the Berry Sorbet color is pretty, it is quite hard to match to the dp that I have on hand. I am trying not to buy any dp until my stash is down at least by half....that means I have to wait a very loooonnnnggg time. LOL

So I started with Berry Sorbet as my card base. I used PTI's Polka Dot Basics on the top of the card base; I stamped with Berry Sorbet ink. I added the small dot in the center of some of the open circles. The dp was cut into 4x4 squares and matted on Certainly Celery cardstock. I used the horizontal slot punch to make a small channel for the ribbon to be threaded through on the fold of the card. I chose white grosgrain ribbon for this card.


The image from Stamping Bella was stamped onto Whisper White with Adirondack Pitch Black ink, then colored with copics. I used a clear AtYou spica glitter pen over the shirt and hair for a bit of sparkle. I also masked her feet to stamp the Amuse oval. I totally suck at this and will be more careful next time to cut closer to the image. The image was then matted onto Barely Banana cardstock and adhered with foam squares. I then added the clear faux dew drops with Zip Dry glue.


The sentiment from Amuse was stamped with Berry Sorbet ink and then punched out with a 1" circle punch. I used a 1 1/8" circle punch for the Barely Banana layer, a 1 3/8" circle punch for the dp, and finally the scallop circle punch for the Certainly Celery layer. I also used the paper piercer for the center of each scallop. The sentiment was then adhered with foam squares.


I have suffered a great loss and have had a few rough days, if you believe in prayer, please say some for my family. Thanks!

4 comments:

Lauren said...

Great card - I hope they go for plenty of dough. You are in my thoughts for smoother sailing...

Charith said...

Fantastic cards. I'm sure they'll go for lots $$.
Sorry for your loss, you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. Hugs to you!

craftyb said...

Hi Tina, I'm so sorry you're suffering! i hope than kinder times are close.

I have been trying so sooooo hard to use up my stash of paper too...but i went to a card class last weekend and the shop had got in a new paper line - one of one top favs - MME! I was proud of myself though...i only bought 5 sheets...how good am I!!!!!

Love these cards btw - good luck with the auction bx

Flossie's Follies said...

These cards are beautiful, know they will bring lots of $$$$ at the auction.

ShareThis