Friday, April 11, 2008

Yippee, It's Here!

I went to the PO to pick up my Anniversary Set from Paper Trey Ink yesterday and it is fabulous. The images are gorgeous as usual and very versatile; and it comes with every sentiment you can think of.

The school is having another auction to benefit the mother of a student. I don't know many details beyond that unfortunately. I am glad the school does what they can to help the community. Cody's teacher, again, asked me create some things to auction off. The only bad part of this whole thing is that it is the first weekend of May. We start our vacation on the 19th and don't return until 10 days later which doesn't leave alot of time for me to do much. She is hoping they push it back in order to get as many donations as possible as well as spread the word about the benefit. I'll be able to get a few things to her by then, and hopefully they will make a difference.

For this card, I used more scraps. I started with a Pale Plum card base. I then adhered the harlequin dp. I matted coordinating strips of floral dp with So Saffron. The image is from PTI's Beautiful Blooms, stamped with several inks on Cryogen White shimmer cardstock and matted on Perfect Plum. I finished it with faux dew drops.

I have made an angel food cake for the lovely strawberries Duke brought home from the orchard. We just love berries and the angel food cake just goes so well with them. It was very refreshing! We also used the grill yesterday for the first time this year. We have had some great weather, but rain and storms are on the way. Hope it doesn't last long.

2 comments:

Lauren said...

I really love the way you combined the PTI sets. Have fun with you anniversary set.

My Paper World said...

Really pretty Tina! Im loving your cute floral cards! xx

ShareThis