Wednesday, April 2, 2008

You Lucky Duck

I picked this clear set up at my LSS the other day. They had some cute ones but I resisted most of them since I know that the quality isn't the best, so I ended up with just this one, it was too cute to leave there.

I used the Sketch For You To Try 032908 for this card, it can be found at I {heart} 2 stamp. I started with a Chocolate Chip card base.
For the Groovy Guava panel, I used the Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder. I used the Mat Pack to help me space the holes for the brads.

I punched the tiny Real Red flowers with an EK Success punch, then used a piercing tool to puncture it to place the chocolate brad. The panel was then adhered to the top half of the card.

The strip of Sahara Sand cardstock was then adhered to the left of the flowers.

I stamped the polka dots from Paper Trey's Polka Dot Basics onto the Wild Wasabi panel. It was then adhered to the bottom half of the card.

I used a strip of the polka dot paper from Making Memories to cover the seams. The sentiment is stamped with Adirondack Pitch Black.

The image was stamped onto Whisper White with Adiondack Pitch Black, then colored with copics. I used Nestabilities to die cut the image and the Real Red scallop mat. A piercing tool was used to pierce the holes in each scallop.

Our vacation is coming up and we are ALL getting very excited about it. I just hope that it is sunny and warm because I am tired of the cold weather. We hope to hit the beach a few days as well, and I am certain that we'll get to see Sea World. Cody is an animal/ mammal freak, so that is the one attraction I am pushing for. Of course, I love it too.

5 comments:

Lauren said...

Great card. Love the image - I don't blame you for not being able to resist. The ducky is so cute. Love the way you use the Polka Dots Basics.

Allison said...

This card it terrific...look at all those dots! This ducky is super cute...why can't we just buy all the stamps we want?

Cheers...thanks for playing again!

Charith said...

Great card Tina! Love the polka dot pp and embossing!
I couldn't resist this little duck either! Of course I couldn't resist some of the other ones too.. even though the quality isn't what I prefer, I figured I'd struggle with them!
I'm finishing up a card with some right now..check my blog later if you wanna see!

Ana Baird said...

Very pretty and sweet! What a fabulous image and card!

My Paper World said...

What a cute and fun stamp tina!
your card is adorable!
Nicola xx

ShareThis