Saturday, May 31, 2008

Allison's Suggestive Sunday

I made these for the challenge on Allison's blog; to use vellum, acetate, or anything clear on your card. I made two with the same layout and almost the same stamps. Since I had PTI's Little Lady out, I decided to use it for these cards.

The lady bug trail and overlay was stamped with Brilliance Graphite Black ink onto the vellum; the body and sentiment with Brilliance Moonlight White. I then stamped the flowers, also from Little Lady, with Sweet Blush, Summer Sunrise, and Spring Moss inks. The image was adhered to the Apricot Appeal mat with the light green brads.
The Moonlight White made the stamp somewhat slippery, the Palette inks were kinda the same way. Maybe because it's a solid stamp vs. being an outline. Anyway, it was challenging to stamp on the vellum.
The entire panel was then adhered to the Regal Rose card base.
For the next card, I used PTI's Summer Sun and Berry Sorbet cardstock along with Little Lady. This time I used black brads and did not add any flowers.
The flowers that Cody and I planted to attract and help the honey bees are starting to sprout, so we have some success. If you haven't heard, the honey bees are in a crisis and about 25% of the population is gone. We really need to help and the best way is to plant flowers that attract them; maybe they will rebuild their colonies. I read about it here and have yet to find more articles and research about how we can help.
Duke and Cody went to the animal shelter and picked out a puppy. They have to pick her up today, as well as dog food, a collar, and all the other puppy essentials. I'm not happy about getting this puppy, but am sure that I will love her. I guess she'll get a name once we get to know her. Cody is excited about it and hope that he helps take care of her. He tends to carry, hold, and pester more than anything, so we'll see how it goes. We will also have to ask our neighbors if they are still willing to let us borrow their pen for when she has to go outside. It's 10 x 10, so it'll be plenty big enough.
Hope we have a somewhat quiet weekend because on Monday afternoon I have volunteered to work the concession stand for the t-ball games. All the parents on our team donated food items and will be trying to raise money to assist with the trip to The Smokies ball field, trophies, and other stuff for the kiddies. We will have three of these fundraisers during this season. I'm thankful for the opportunity to help out and hope that we are successful in reaching our goals.

1 comment:

Allison said...

These are just gorgeous! Love the white and black on the vellum! And it certainly softens up against the brightness of the cardstock (esp. that regal rose [not a fav of mine!]). Thanks for playing again!

ShareThis