Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Birthday Cards

I made two of these. I started with an Orchid Opulence card base. The Cool Caribbean panel was run through the Wizard with the Floral Fantasy embossing folder. The paper is some I got in a stack, not so sure of the manufacturer. Lastly, the Offray pink double stitched ribbon was tied around the entire panel and I added the flowers from K & Co. They were a gift of one of the Birthday Club members. I have been hoarding them since January.

Cody's practice was unnecessary yesterday, two of the team mates are on vacation and two more are sick. He is scheduled for another practice on Thursday, but if no more than six show up, he is going to cancel the game. It was so confusing and tiring for them to chase the ball. Anyway, after about 30 minutes, the kids just weren't into it.
They are having the end of the season banquet at the Smokies Stadium in July. We raised money to allow the kiddies to go on the field with the player that plays their position and stay for the singing of the National Anthem. I hope that we managed to raise enough. Either way, we are still having the banquet in their banquet room, just maybe not getting to go onto the field. Should be fun for them!
A nice quiet day today. I hope to finish my scrapbook pages and then start on vacation layouts. I have the photos uploaded and should be picking them up by Friday. Let's hope I have the ambition to do it.

7 comments:

My Paper World said...

Wow! The glittery flowers are stunning! Very pretty card! xx

Allison said...

This is a very pretty card...love the flowers as your focal!

Lauren said...

This is such a pretty card! The bling is the perfect touch.

Lynn said...

Tina,
This card is so pretty and sparkly and the flowers and embossing are perfect on this!

Jenn D said...

This is fabulous. I love the glittery flowers. So pretty.

I hope more kids show up for practice. I can see how the kids got bored with it so quickly.

Flossie's Follies said...

Love the sparkly flowers and the embossed paper, youir colors are wonderful. I will keep positive thoughts that you have raised enough money for the kids to go out on the field, they will get such a big kick out of it.

Angie C said...

Wow, this is such a very pretty card

ShareThis