Sunday, May 25, 2008

Blessings

Another sketch from Taylored Expressions; slightly modified with the image turned 90 degreees.

The card base is Rose Red. I embossed the Regal Rose layer with a Cuttlebug embossing folder, D'Vine Swirls.


I scalloped the Chocolate Chip strip by using a corner rounder and used the CAD to make the holes in each scallop, finally adding the strip of dp from The Paper Studio.



I then tied the pink and brown striped ribbon around the panel and adhered it to the card front.



The image is from MFT- By the Seashore. It is stamped with Adirondack ink and then colored with copics. I sloppily drew in the line for the grass. Lastly, I added the sponged sky by using Soft Sky and Blue Bayou inks. Image is adhered with dimensionals.

The sentiment is from PTI Garden of Life and is stamped with Regal Rose ink; the swirly circle border from PTI Boxes, Bags, and Tags was stamped with Chocolate Chip. I then used a 1 1/2" circle punch to cut it out and then adhered it to a Chocolate Chip scallop circle punch. I pierced holes in each scallop. It was adhered with dimensionals as well.

I took Cody to the park yesterday and we left early because the gnats were just terrible. It was quite bothersome. I also got my hair cut...finally. It feels and looks so much better. I just need to color it and voila...new woman! LOL

I spent some time with my brother and his family too since it was his birthday. Cody had left him a couple of silly messages, so he had to stop by to see him and thank him for the laugh. They are leaving on vacation on Monday, his kids are just ecstatic about it.

Hope you are enjoying great weather and great food this weekend. I am doing some steaks on the grill today and then we're heading to a friend's for the holiday.

4 comments:

Allison said...

So cute and fun!

Janine said...

Very nicely done... Have a great long weekend.

Jennie Skaggs said...

Very cute. :) Did you post htis on PC mag website? I t hink I saw it there. Jennie

Christina Fischer said...

Great card! I love the scallops and the ribbon!

ShareThis