Monday, May 19, 2008

Changito w/ Flowers

This sketch is from Michelle Wooderson, her awesome blog is MishMash.

I started with Aqua Mist for the card base, next I stamped the polka dot backgrounder from CHF in the same color ink.

The strip of embossed dotty paper is from DCWV Nana's Kids. The image was stamped with Adirondack Espresso ink and then colored with copis. I matted it with green Bazzill and then tied the Aqua Mist satin ribbon around it. The image was adhered with dimensionals.

Cody and I planted our seeds; we managed to only from some Sunflower varieties, cosmos, and lavender. I hope we can get some more before too long. We got them in the ground before the rain which is great. I hope they make it and we can enjoy their beauty during the summer as well as help some honey bees find a home. Duke is supposed to be printing some information for me to read about the plight of the honey bee.

Yesterday was a lazy day, I don't think I did anything except vacuum, sweep, and make dinner. I love days like that; no pressure. Of course, I needed to be doing something...it'l be waiting for me today and tomorrow.

6 comments:

Allison said...

Wow...love that Papertrey CS and ribbon...great job!

Lauren said...

This cards is so fun. Love all the polka dots. I hope some honey bees find a home in your neighborhood.

My Paper World said...

Sooo cute Tina! I love the funky colours! xx

Marlou said...

what a gorgeous card!! love the mix of colours, beautiful :)

Jenn D said...

I love Michelle's layouts. She makes them all look so easy and gorgeous at the same time.

This little monkey card is adorable! The ribbon is so lush.

I hear you on doing nothing. It's been so cold I sat downstairs in my sweats and stamped Christmas cards. I'm glad to hear you got the plants in. I love bees!

Lynn said...

This is a really fun card! I like how you used the polka dot background and the cheery bright colors!

ShareThis