Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Classic Father's Day

This card is for Allison's Suggestive Sunday; which is to create a manly card. Well, since Father's Day is around the corner, it was the perfect challenge.

The card base for this one is Real Red. I then layered on the kraft paper and strip of MM dp...I love that paper pack.
The image was an RAK, so I'm not sure of the set it comes from, but I know it is SU! I colored it with prismas and blended with OMS and a stump. The image was matted on raisin Bazzill textured cardstock.

The sentiment is from PTI Paper Tray, I wrote the words "fathers" and "to a classic" with a red sharpie. The main sentiment was punched out and matted on more punched circles. It was then adhered with pop dots.

Lastly, I added the foam arrow from Americn Crafts below the image.

This card is either going to Duke's step-father or his brother for the big day.

The tooth fairy came to Cody overnight; she had to dig for change out of the laundry!! LOL He was happy that she remembered to come the first night and promptly put the money in his piggy bank.

Only 5 1/2 more days of school!

8 comments:

Allison said...

Only 5 1/2 days left of school? Yikes!

I love this image...I can think of so many guys that this would be perfect for! Great coloring esp. against the kraft paper. Love the sentiment...I couldn't do it with my handwriting!

Han said...

Wow this is beautiful very classy xx

Aimee said...

Great card! I love the car image--agree with han. very classy.

Lauren said...

This is an awesome Father's Day card. YAY for the tooth fairy too.

Jenn D said...

This is fantastic! What a great father's day card!

My Paper World said...

Wow! That car image is awesome!
Great card Tina! xx

Janine said...

This is so nicely done... Guy cards are hard to come by!

Lynn said...

This is a really cool card, perfect for father's day!

ShareThis