Saturday, May 24, 2008

Cultvated

I used a sketch from Taylored Expressions for this card; it was from some time ago.

The images and sentiment are from PTI Garden of Life; the flowers are stamped with Sweet Blush ink, the sentiment with Adirondack Pitch Black ink. The images were punched out with a 1.25" square punch; the bazzill mats with a 1 3/8" square punch.

The card base is PTI Sweet Blush. I matted the dp from DCWV Nana's Kids with Certainly Celery cardstock.

The sentiment was punched out with SU! oval punch; I used the CAD to punch the holes to thread the offray ribbon through. I used a dimensional to ensure that the sentiment stayed flat.
Lastly, I added stickles to the centers of the flowers to continue the sparkle theme of the paper. { I fixed the drooping stickles on the center flower.} I left the card standing too long to take a pic , I suppose.
I have a few resumes to drop off today in the hopes of finding a job. I really need to ge back in the game, it's driving me crazy being at home. The upside is that I am getting a great stash of cards and hope that I will have enough for the summer and fall craft shows.
Today is my youngest brother's birthday, he's 33 this year. I am just remembering as I prepare this for publishing. Hope he has a good one.
Have a great Memorial Day weekend.

2 comments:

Allison said...

This is cute and sweet...that DP is so great for a non-kid card!

Lynn said...

This is such a pretty card, I love the colors and the flowers and how you used the stickles in the center of them!

ShareThis