Sunday, May 18, 2008

Fabulous

I used a sketch from Amy R for this card, not sure which number it is.

The card base is Spring Moss, I used the polka dot backgrounder from CHF with Spring Moss ink to add some interest.

Cosmobella was stamped with Adirondack Pitch Black ink onto GP white cardstock, she was then colored in with copics. I masked her feet and stamped the A Muse oval. Stickles were used on the martini glass. I matted the image with Barely Banana and adhered it to the embossed dotty paper from DCWV Nana's Kids.
Spring Moss twill ribbon is then wrapped around the entire panel and tied in a knot on the front.
The sentiment is from SU! Many Happy Returns; I colored the sentiment I wanted with a Perfect Plum marker and then stamped it onto GP white cardstock. I punched the sentiment out with the Word Window punch and adhered with dimensionals.
The flowers are from The Paper Studio and Prima and the are layered together and joined with a crystal brad from MM. The flower was then affixed with a dimensional.
Ok, have you heard about the honey bee crisis? I hadn't until the other day when a Hagen-Das (sp?) commercial came on and mentioned it. I hope to be reading more about it, but over 25% of the honey bee population has just vanished with no known reason. They are doing research and are asking the public for help. Visit here to learn what you can do to help. Cody and I will be heading to Wal-Mart to get some more seeds to plant to help our beloved honey bee.

6 comments:

Janine said...

Great card... Love the green color of the card base and ribbon. Very lovely...

Jenn D said...

I love the card and how you used the sentiment. I *need* that set now. LOL!

I'm going to have to check out the honey bee thread after church.

Have a great day and have fun planting!

Allison said...

This is another super cute Bella card! Love the DCWV matched up with the green shadow...neat!

My Paper World said...

Great colouring Tina! xx

Lauren said...

I hop you had fun picking out your seeds. This is an awesome card. It's so cheery.

Lynn said...

This Cosmobella card is Fabulous! This such a great layout and your coloring on the Bella looks wonderful! I think I need this A Muse oval now :D

ShareThis