Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Note Cards and a Portfolio

Thanks Mish for this most excellent idea; however, I couldn't wait for the instructions for the portfolio so I headed to the craft room and constructed one on my own. She is so awesome! I am making a tutorial for it for the scrapbooking group I belong to and may actually share it here as well.

I will be giving this to the teacher Cody has next year. I sure hope she likes it. There are four notecards and stamped envelopes inside; a pocket on either side.

The awards ceremony is at 9:00 a.m.; it'll be interesting. Jason, Duke's son, is supposed to attend, but one never knows about him.I purchased some mini cupcakes for the class to enjoy after lunch.

The dp is from DCWV and I love it. This particular paper is just perfect for a teacher or principal. The note card is made from Real Red and GP white with the strip of dp. The image is SU! Tart and Tangy, I colored it with SU! markers. The image was punched out and matted on a 1 3/8" circle of Chocolate Chip and the scallop circle of Wild Wasabi.

For the envelope, I stamped the apple with Real Red and called it a day.

The base of the portfolio is Chocolate Chip; I then matted the dp with Wild Wasabi. The red satin ribbon is from Offray, I picked it up at Wal-Mart forever ago.

The image is from Stamping Bella; she is stamped with Adirondack Pitch Black ink and colored with copics. I highlighted a few areas with a clear glitter pen. The image was matted on River Rock and Wild Wasabi cardstock.

The felt flowers are from American Crafts; the center rhinestone brad is from MM. I punched a hole in the image panel and then inserted and adhered the flower and brad.

7 comments:

Allison said...

Love, love this! Great colors...all those numbers are terrific combined with the teacher image!

Charith said...

Tina, this set is fantastic! Looking forward to the tutorial!

Lynn said...

Tina, this is sooooo cool! I hope you can share the directions with us on how you made the card holder. This is a great idea, the cards and cover are awesome!

Sherrie said...

This is wonderful! TFS!!

Flossie's Follies said...

this is fantastic, love it.

Lauren said...

This is such a nice gift. I am sure Cody's teacher next year will love it!

All Pink girl said...

Wow how cleaver are you this is a real work of art xxxx
sorry i have not been over much please for give me xxDawnxx

ShareThis