Thursday, May 29, 2008

Portfolio Tutorial

Here is the tutorial for the portfolio I posted yesterday. Be advised that I am no expert and this may not be what you are looking for, but it works. I got the idea from Michelle Wooderson at Mish Mash. Thanks for the inspiration!

You start with a piece of cardstock measuring 8.5 x 10.5.

I used the Scor-Pal to make my score marks, but you can use whatever you method is. You will score on the long side at 5 and 5.5 inches.

Then score on the short side at 2 and 2 1/8 inches.
On the inside of the portfolio, place some strong adhesive on the edges of each side as well as in the center panel as pictured. I used Terrific Tape that I purchased at the Scor-Pal website in 1/4" width. Do not peel the backing off yet.I used my ATG and ran adhesive along the front of the cardstock where I wanted to place my ribbon; then cut your ribbon in the length you wish and burnish on the adhesive.Then decorate the front as you wish. I did not put an image on the front of this one yet as it does not have a recipient. I will do that once I know who I am sending it to. In any case, I matted the dp on the front and used just dp for the back.
Once the portfolio is decorated to your liking, flip it over and remove the adhesive backing and secure.

You can place 4 note cards and 4 invitation style envies in either pocket. It is a bit snug, but it is kept in place.

Voila! You are done!! Rather simple, don't you think?! I can hardly wait to get several of these sets made up to have for those last minute gifts.
Cody received two awards at the school's ceremony yesterday. He, as well as us, were completely thrilled. He ended up reading 135 books and went on two trips rewarding those who reached their goals. I'll have to share a pic or two in the coming days.
We have a game tonight and I hope it isn't too hot. It has been almost unbearably humid the last few days.

5 comments:

Janine said...

Beautiful job!! Thanks for sharing the tutorial.

Allison said...

Awesome...thanks for this...I am sure I will use it some time!

Lauren said...

This is awesome - thanks for the tutorial!

Bouncy, Flouncy, Fun,Fun, Fun said...

This is fantastic! What a great idea for teacher's gifts! Thanks for sharing it!

Lynn said...

Tina,
Thanks for the info, I'm going to have to try and give this a whirl!

Way to go Cody, thats so great!

ShareThis