Saturday, May 17, 2008

Purple Monkey

The card base is Sweet Blush; the remaining papers were all from my scrap pile. I matted the dp onto a pink cardstock. The birthday paper is matted on Cool Caribbean. The scallop is an oval I cut using nesties, then used a CAD to make the holes in each scallop. I cut it in half and adhered under the mat of the birthday paper panel.

A ribbon was tied around the entire panel and then adhered to the card front.

I adhered the aqua faux dew drops to the birthday paper panel.

Changito was stamped with Adirondack Espresso ink and then colored with copics. I then matted him with Perfect Plum cardstock.

Duke and I went to have chinese food for lunch yesterday and afterward we did a little food shopping. Never made it to get tennies...I think I'm gonna have to just ask for the cash and do it myself. LOL
I am hoping to mail off my swap items on Monday. I enclosed a few goodies for the hostess. Hopefully, they arrive safely and everyone enjoys them. I know that I am looking forward to getting all the pages for my book.

I received this lovely from my HS friend, Stacy, for Mother's Day. The box it was shipped in was also filled with treats for Cody. I already have this lovely displayed proudly in my dining room. It is really touching that after so much time has passed, we picked up where we left off and are committed to keeping in touch.
I picked up the latest issue of PaperCrafts today and saw a great project from Debbie Olson on page 57. I was immediately inspired and decided to go work on it since I was sure I had all the components. Well, I chose the papers and cut them to size. Grabbed the Mod Podge and got started. I then reached for the hinges....guess what? I don't have the hinges I was SURE I had. I recently organized all my small embellies, so I know I don't have any stashed anywhere. It's so frustrating! Guess I'll have to head to HL to see if they have any. Our HL NEVER has anything and it's about 30 minutes away. I am also making one for my friend's hubby, so I'll need to get them soon so I can get it in the mail. Man, why does this always happen??!! LOL

2 comments:

Allison said...

Love the purple monkey...so neat that you elected to do something other than brown!

CraftyC said...

Loving your monkey, great card!
Clairexx

ShareThis