Thursday, May 1, 2008

Yearbook Page

I am participating in a swap with members of the MSN scrapbooking group that I belong to. It is a yearbook swap. You create your own pages, send them in, and then they are all compiled and distributed. I can hardly wait to have all the pages in my book.
Here is the layout that I have chosen for my page. I will be using up my cardstock and other papers on this project so they will all be different, this should definitely help with bringing my stash down a bit. Since they are 6x6, from one sheet of 12x12, I can make 4 pages.

The base has to be textured cardstock for this swap, so I used Bazzill. The next layer is also textured cardstock. I then cut the dp into strips and adhered.

Next, I die cut the circles using nestabilities, then sponged it and stamped my name. I used the SAMJ for this step as well as SU! Typeset Alpha.
Then, I used nestabilities again for the photo mat. The photo corners were made using the SU! punch and then using the Mat Pack to help pierce the holes for the brads. Photo corners were adhered with dimensionals.
Finally, I created the sentiment circle in Word {my screen name}. I stamped the small flower from PTI Beautiful Blooms in the center of the sentiment with Pink Passion ink. I used a clear glaze pen on the center of the flower. The sentiment was then double matted and adhered to a scallop circle in which I pierced each scallop.

The photo mat and scallop circle sentiment have not been adhered. I will do that once I take and adhere the photo.
Cody has his first t-ball game today, let's hope they all remember what they are supposed to do.

5 comments:

Allison said...

Love this layout! The colors are just fab!

Lynn said...

What a great scrapbook page, I like the layout and the scalloped circle with your name in it!

Tell Cody good luck on his first game!

Lauren said...

That sounds like so much fun! Great job with your layout. Have a good time at t-ball.

Jenn D said...

I love the layout on your page. The colors are so vibrant.

This sounds like a very interesting swap.

Ana Baird said...

stunning!

ShareThis