Sunday, June 8, 2008

A Cupcake Challenge with no Cupcakes

This card uses the sketch from Taylored Expressions for this week as well as many of the papers from my post yesterday.
I used Lemon Tart for my card base. The Bashful Blue cardstock was punched with Fiskars Threading Water punch. I then adhered the strip of dp from DCWV and Berry Sorbet after I used the Mat Pack to pierce holes on either side. I then stamped the sentiment from Garden of Life with Brilliance Graphite Black ink.

The image panel was die cut with Nestabilities as were the mats. I stamped the rose from Garden of Life with Bashful Blue ink, the leaves with Certainly Celery ink. Then I slathered them with Diamond Stickles for tons of sparkle. Once dry, the image was matted with Bashful Blue and Pale Plum cardstock. I used the CAD to punch a hole to thread the ribbon through. The light blue ribbon is then accessorized with green ricrac. I adhered it to the card front with foam squares.
Lastly, I added the Daffodil Dew Drops.
We had a great lazy day yesterday, it started raining around 1 p.m., so not lots to do but watch tv, play games, and craft. We were going to go to the school to use the playground equipment, but it rained before we could. Cody has 4 games next week and his last game is the 19th. I have enjoyed watching him play, but will be happy when the season is over. We have our banquet on July 10th at Smokies Stadum and the kiddies will be showered with lots of fun stuff with all the money we have raised working the concession stands.

3 comments:

Patsy said...

Pretty!!! Love the dew drops.

Janine said...

Great card... I love the card base color... YUM!!

Allison said...

This is just so sweet...love the idea of a glittery flower!

ShareThis