Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Duke's Father's Day Card

I made this to match the gift I made for Duke using PTI Father Knows Best. You can see his gift here.
I started with Mellow Moss cardstock as my base. I punched circles out of dp from DCWV and from Old Olive cardstock.

The image was stamped on ivory cardstock with Adirondack Espresso ink, then colored with copics. I then used a candle lighter to burn the edges as per the challenge from Allison. (Man, the soot/ ash gets everywhere!) The image was matted on PTI Kraft cardstock and I then added a strip of dp. I then pierced holes for the chocolate brads.
Before the image was adhered I added the circles to the back of the image mat and then adhered to the card front.

Lastly, I added the sentiments on the inside and outside with Mellow Moss ink.
Our game was cancelled because the other team did not have enough players, which really threw a wrench in our concession stand plans. Remarkably, we did well with the folks attending the game before ours and the help of friends of the folks on our team. Then, the parents challenged the kids to a ball game. They wiped the floor with us, we're too old and slow, I suppose. LOL It was fun and the kids had a great time after all.

4 comments:

Allison said...

Lovely work Tina!

Janine said...

This is just fabulous. Such a nice guy card!!!
Have a great day!

Allison said...

Gosh...I was here earlier and did not even see the burnt edges (of course, it was super late!). Thanks for making the jump and creating one for this challenge!

Annapurna said...

Nice job with the layout and the card! PTI cs was burning like wood. I liked the burn effect on lighter cs better, when I did it.

ShareThis