Sunday, June 1, 2008

Father Knows Best

I got this trio of picture frames from Target some time ago- CHEAP! All three in a set for $2.50.
The tree from PTI Father Knows Best was stamped with Adirondack Espresso ink on Very Vanilla cardstock. I colored each tree in with copics. I did one tree in greens to represent spring and one in fall colors. The center sentiment is from the same set; also stamped in Adirondack Espresso ink. I then used the small set of leaves from the set for the corners.

I will be giving these to Duke for Father's Day. I hope we can find room on the walls to hang them. I am thinking of buying some very wide ribbon and then making a vertical hanger for them. I still have plenty of time.

Here is a picture of the newest addition to our family, Cupcake. Cody and I picked her up today from the Animal Shelter. Before we picked her up, we stopped at Wal-Mart to get dog food, a collar, and other things we needed. The collar we got her has little cupcakes all over it, too cute. I don't think Cody was set on this name until we found the collar. She responded to the name immediately. So far, she seems to like it here and is following Cody around; it is so cute. She does not like the raccoons that come around, she just spent the better part of 10 minutes barking at them. Poor Duke hasn't gotten any sleep today with all the excitement.
I will be baking some cookies later today for the t-ball concession stand fundraiser. I am trying to diet, so getting this stuff out of the house is a great idea. But, having it right in front of me is a bad, bad idea.

5 comments:

Allison said...

Love this Tina...that stamp set is so cool and it really works here!

Janine said...

What a wonderful project and I just love the ladybug card as well.!!

Lynn said...

This is a great idea and I'm sure Duke will love the framed art work especially because you made it!
Cute picture of Cody and your new puppy!

Bouncy, Flouncy, Fun,Fun, Fun said...

What a great Father's Day gift idea! I really like your idea of putting it on ribbon!
What a cute doggie! She looks so happy to have a new home and I love her name!

Lauren said...

Welcome home Cupcake! Great find and wonderful way to use it Tina.

ShareThis