Friday, June 6, 2008

A Father's Day Card

Thanks for all the well wishes for the job I am seeking. I did not hear back from them yesterday, so I am praying that it doesn't mean that I am not in consideration. However, I still hope that I hear from them today.
The card base is Going Gray; I then matted the dp from DCWV with Basic Gray after using the ticket corner punch on each corner.

I used another strip of Basic Gray in the middle of the card, using the Mat Pack to help me space and pierce the holes for the black brads. I stamped the sentiment with Ruby Red ink.

The image is from a clear stamp set from EK Success, which remarkably stamps very well and delivers a crisp image despite its very low price.

I colored the image with copics and then mounted it on Basic Black after using the ticket corner punch on each corner. The image panel was affixed with foam squares.

Cody and I cleaned up the cars yesterday morning before the heat set in. We just needed to vacuum them out, which I became too tired to do. I'l finish it in the morning.

We had to cut our game short yesterday due to the heat, it was over 95 degrees and one of the kids was getting sick. It was far too hot to be out there.

I think I might take the boy to see Kung Fu Panda sometime today, it looks like a really fun movie.

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment, I appreciate it. Hope you have a great weekend.

6 comments:

Ana Baird said...

Stunning card Tina!

Lauren said...

Wonderful card Tina! This card is perfect for the occasion. The sentiment has such a great font too.

Allison said...

Terrific card for Father's Day Tina...that stamp set is just perfect for masculine cards!

Adrienne said...

I love all your creations. I came upon your website from "Allison's"? I really like your portfolio for some cards and envelopes as gifts. Great ideas here! :D

Flossie's Follies said...

What a great Father's Day card, love the colors and layout. Hopefully you will hear from the job soon, they usually take a few days before they call

Patsy said...

Cute card!! I hope you hear from the job soon. This is an awesome Father's Day card. Have a great weekend. Great blog!!

ShareThis