Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Hippity Hop

This is Mojo Monday sketch #40; a very challenging one. I used PTI Spring Moss, Aqua Mist, and Kraft cardsstock as well as SU! Apricot Appeal. I used PTI Polka Dot Basics for the Apricot and Spring Moss panels.

I die cut the large plain and scalloped circle with Nestabilities. The images are from PTI Pond Life and are simply adorable. The frog and lily pad were stamped with Always Artichoke and then sponged with Aqua Mist; I then added the splashes of water.

The smaller circles were punched with punches from EK Success; I then stamped the goldfish with Apricot Appeal, the bubbles with Aqua Mist, and then sponged it with Aqua Mist.

The strip of Spring Moss was scalloped using a corner rounder. Once all the flat pieces were affixed to the Aqua Mist panel, I tied the Aqua Mist satin ribbon around it and adhered it to the card front.
The large image was adhered flat to the panel and the smaller image was adhered with foam squares.
The sentiment was stamped with Aqua Mist and, finally, I added the faux dew drops.
Practice went well last night; I decided to take Cupcake with us. She loved all the attention let me tell you. I'm sure glad she loves kids.

6 comments:

Lynn said...

This is an awesome card! I love all of the layers and fun colors!

Janine said...

What a great card... The colors are fabulous!!

Lauren said...

WOW! Fabulous job Tina - love the combo of the fish and frogs.

Jennifer said...

This card is super! What little boy wouldn't love this card and it is a great use of the sketch challenge.

Allison said...

Love every bit of this! The frog, the fish and all those layers!

Julee from Verve said...

Nice card! Thanks for playing my challenge! :)

ShareThis