Thursday, June 5, 2008

Many Happy Returns

This card is quite simple, so I will skip all the la ti da. But I will tell you that it is one of my favorite cards that I have made.
I had a job interview yesterday and I think it went well. I was there for about 2 hours, talking to all the big shots and got a pretty good feel for the environment and some of the folks I'd be working for. I like it there already, plus the pay was exactly what I was looking for. I'm hoping to get a call to schedule a "test run"; a day in which you work BEFORE being hired to make sure you are a good fit and to ensure that you can handle it. Keep your fingers crossed for me!!

While I was in the area, I stopped at a LSS and found a Threading Water punch by Fiskars! Yippee!! They said they just got them in the day before, how lucky was that?! Guess everybody does want one. LOL I can hardly wait to use it.

Duke and Cody spent alot of time outside yesterday cleaning up around the house and doing some things that needed to be done, like hauling off old lumber, moving things out of the way and pressure cleaning our deck. He has lots more to do this morning, I just pray it stays cooler a bit longer. It was in the low to mid 90's here yesterday and can expect more of the same today. The bad thing is that Cupcake has to go to the vet and Cody has a ball game. I sure hope it cools down by then.

6 comments:

Lauren said...

I hope you get the job! Woohoo! This card is perfect. The swiss dot background is great.

Allison said...

Terrific card with the pink, yellow, black and white combo!

Flossie's Follies said...

Love the card and know that you will get the job, will keep my fingers crossed but don't think that is needed sure you WOWED them.

Janine said...

Good luck with the job and this card is fabulous.

Jenn D said...

I'm crossing my fingers for you! Congrats on the interview. It looks like your good luck went throughout your day. This card is gorgeous.

Jenn

Lynn said...

This is such a pretty card, I like how you stamped the saying in black and then added the pastel flowers in the background (like why didnt I think of that)!
I always think I need to stamp and punch one of these sayings out with the word window punch.
Good luck to you on the job!

ShareThis