Monday, June 9, 2008

SFYTT Embrace Life

This sketch is this week's Jen's SFYTT. I thought it was rather unique and got right to work on Saturday. I have used several of her sketches, but always forget to post them.

The base is PTI Kraft cardstock, I used Always Artichoke ink and stamped the branches from SU! Embrace Life.

The next layer is Chocolate Chip and I again stamped the branches with Chocolate Chip ink.
I used the Threading Water border punch on the Close to Cocoa cardstock, then adhere the strip of dp from DCWV. The ribbon is from Offray and I just secured it in the back of the panel.
The Always Artichoke cardstock was die cut with oval nestabilities and adhered to the Chocolate Chip panel. Then the Close to Cocoa panel was added.

The image is from the same set and was stamped onto ivory cardstock. I colored it with an inkpad and blender pen, then heavily sponged it. It has been matted with Kraft and then adhered with foam squares.
Hot and humid day here in Tennessee. We are trying to stay cool and get some work done around the house. I have been needing to clean the bathrooms and vacuum for a few days and never seemed to get up off my lazy behind to do it. I enjoy cleaning most days, just haven't been in the mood, I guess. Of course, the cleaning never ends with two boys in the house, so maybe that's what it is.
We have been also searching the house over for Cody's socks. He had about 20 pair and when I did the wash, he only has four pair accounted for. I have no idea what could have happened to them all, but the boy leaves a trail of clothes wherever they land when he walks through the door. I ended up finding two more pair in between the cushions of the sofa and under the recliner. Let's hope I can find some more.

8 comments:

Allison said...

This is beautiful Tina...love the distressed flower image!

Bouncy, Flouncy, Fun,Fun, Fun said...

This is so pretty, Tina! I love what you did with Jen's sketch!

I had to laugh when I was reading about Cody's socks! We have the same problem here with Hunter's socks. Maybe they are all congregating together in one place somewhere between Texas and Tennessee. LOL!

Have a great day!

Annapurna said...

The flower panel in the center looks like a marble tile. Very nicely done with all the layers.

Lauren said...

This is so elegant! The patterned paper really compliments the embossed circle.

jen del muro (iheart2stamp.com) said...

Such a pretty card!! thx for playing!! hugs-jd

Janine said...

So well done Tina... Love that image and what you did with it!!

Flossie's Follies said...

This card is so pretty, I think that dryers work off socks and not electrity

Lauren said...

This is a really pretty card Tina! Almost looks like you used fabric.

ShareThis