Tuesday, July 29, 2008

An Award and A Journey

My very talented blogging friend Lynn has passed this fun BFF Gold Card blogging award onto me and I feel so honored! Lynn has a great blog always full of inspiration.

The rules of this award:

1. Only 5 people allowed.
2. 4 have to be dedicated followers of your blog.
3. One has to be someone new or recently new to your blog and live in another part of the world.
4. You must link back to whoever gave you the award, quite simple really it is a way of saying thank you to those who take time out for wonderful comments to boost your day.

All these gals have impeccable and inspiring work and never fail to leave little bit of sunshine in my comments. Leave them a comment if you visit them. I truly appreciate every visit and kind word. Thanks!
This is the card I made to go with the coasters I posted yesterday. Cody got some ink on the sentiment and I ended up having to sponge it. I really have to learn how to use a light hand when I sponge, it doesn't look so good.

9 comments:

Allison said...

Thanks for the award Tina! BTW, these two birds look like they are having a stare-down...look out!

Annapurna said...

I read Allison's comment and can't stop laughing. Thanks for my award too.

You can use dental floss to gently take out the top layer and redo it again. Lovely colors.

Janine said...

Love your card and congrats on the award . You deserve it!!

Lynn said...

You totally deserve this award!

Love your bird card, I like the layout! Don't you just hate that when you get a whole card together and something happens like an ink smug or rip in the paper!

Bouncy, Flouncy, Fun,Fun, Fun said...

Thanks for the award, Tina! You're the best!
I love your card. Everything is perfect, including the sponging. I've had to do that too! You work so hard and get things just the way you want them and then oops!

Stampin hugs, Becky:)

Deb Neerman said...

Great card, Tina!! Love the colors you used here and the piercing looks fab!!

Spongin' doesn't like me too much, either ... I think it's something you're born with, LOLOL!

TFS!

~Hugs, Deb

malieta said...

I love your color combination's Tina, and your card is very pretty!
Great job!!!

AlienAnessa said...

Tina, I know that we're our own worst critics, but I gotta tell you, when I looked at the card, after saying to myself that I love it, when I looked at the sentiment the first thing that came to my mind was that the sponging looks like you were pseudo-creating the effect of a nest on it, with that nest below the two birds on a branch, considering each other in some way. It just looks like the swirly randomness of twigs and whatnot that go into a nest. Seriously, that's what I thought before I read that you had to compensate for a slight mistake.

My Paper World said...

It's really beautiful Tina! and I lIKE the sponging! it looks great!
Thanks so much for my award, that's very sweet of you! xx

ShareThis