Friday, July 25, 2008

Feel Better

This was made for my step-father who is very sick. He just got out of the hospital and may end up having to endure yet another back surgery. He suffers with back pain since an injury he endured many years ago. Plus, now he has prostate problems. My mother is not very supportive so my sister is going down to their home for the next few days to help him with his needs.
I used PTI Father Knows Best for this card, sentiment is from PTI Simple Little Things and Pond Life. I used SU! Old Olive and Close to Cocoa inks. You can see the piercing in between the sentiments and I picked up the ribbon on clearance at Wal-Mart.
Totally ready for the weekend! Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend!

8 comments:

Jenn D said...

I hope your step-dad is gets better soon. I always say that there is nothing worse than back pain. I know when mine goes out I'm a miserable person to be around.

I hope having your sister around helps him out. It has to be hard to be sick and not have the kind of support you need.

Your card is very peaceful looking. It certainly is a very good Get Well card.

Lauren said...

Great card Tina! Perfect for a dad.

Allison said...

Oh wow Tina...one of your best! I love a simple one layer card.

Jackie said...

Tina I've been wanting to come by but you gave me an excuse by posting on SF. I can't reply there because there are so many that I can't keep up! I created a blog just so I can keep track of my own learning curve and links to you and whoever else but I don't know how. I linked to you by using your URL. I will ask you for help when you have time.

Big Hugs to you and family. Best wishes to your step-dad. Jackie

Annapurna said...

Lovely card. Cool piercing. I am sure it will lift his spirits up. Hope he feels better soon.

Deb Neerman said...

Omigosh, this is my favorite so far; I love this card!!!!

Hope your FIL is feeling better soon; he's sure to feel wonderful when he sees this beauty!!!

~Hugs, Deb

Janine said...

So beautiful!!!

Lynn said...

This is a great card! I like the clean look and love the tree image!
Get well wishes for your step father!

ShareThis